View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 02:41 AM   #41
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I'll eat humble pie on that one. I went back and did a factory reset, then upgraded to 4.8.x, and you're right on the money.

Also, the difference is not as bad as thought, although there does appear to be a slight increase in whitespace at the bottom. 4.8.x was approx 14mm from the bottom edge, whereas 4.11.x appears to be about 16mm. Measurements to the baseline of the last line of text.

I'm going to tentatively attribute the difference to the increase to the top whitespace allowing for one less line to fit, but the increased top whitespace is less than a line of text, therefore the bottom whitespace increases slightly. And no, I haven't counted lines, so I may be wrong here.

Did you check for padding or margins coded in the book your testing with? Of course they won’t change in the different firmware versions, but they might give you more white space than you like...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote