View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 09:49 PM   #38
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'll completely disagree with that. I have never seen the text going beyond the line of the bottom bar area. Maybe there were some patches that did that, but the unpatched firmware has never done it. There has been far to much discussion about the "wasted" space for this not to have come up.
I'll eat humble pie on that one. I went back and did a factory reset, then upgraded to 4.8.x, and you're right on the money.

Also, the difference is not as bad as thought, although there does appear to be a slight increase in whitespace at the bottom. 4.8.x was approx 14mm from the bottom edge, whereas 4.11.x appears to be about 16mm. Measurements to the baseline of the last line of text.

I'm going to tentatively attribute the difference to the increase to the top whitespace allowing for one less line to fit, but the increased top whitespace is less than a line of text, therefore the bottom whitespace increases slightly. And no, I haven't counted lines, so I may be wrong here.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote