View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I completely disabled all patches and have done a bit of testing. It appears to me what has happened is the previous (4.8) firmware allowed the text to encroach into the footer region a bit, so long as it didn't cover the actual "page n of nn" text. I seem to recall the bottom menu covering a bit of text previously (which never bothered me).
I'll completely disagree with that. I have never seen the text going beyond the line of the bottom bar area. Maybe there were some patches that did that, but the unpatched firmware has never done it. There has been far to much discussion about the "wasted" space for this not to have come up.
Quote:
The current firmware appears to be enforcing a minimum gap between the footer region and the text, so depending on the font size, style and metrics, this could become quite a gap.
There has always been some space, but not much. Looking at my Glo HD, which is on 4.11.11982, I haven't noticed any changes. Or on the other devices. If it has changed, it is only a pixel or two.
Quote:
Also, there is now a bit of whitespace at the top of the page, which didn't exist before. I don't actually mind that however.
There is a bigger margin at the top with the title turned off than there was before in the epub reader. I didn't like it when there was none, but, there is a little more that I like now.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote