View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 07:13 PM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Just installed this on my (original) H2O. Seems to work fine and has some nice new options (especially with the patches!). I do have one issue however.

When reading epub's (haven't tested kepub files), There seems to be a rather large gap between the bottom of the text, and the footer. The footer size itself does not appear to be the problem, as I've tried the "custom footer style" and the new "footer size" patch, which doesn't really help. Also note that I have the "widows/orphans" patch enabled, so it's not that.

For the moment, I'm trying the "fullscreen" options, which seems to work well enough, but I do miss the footer. I'm wondering if a value has been hardcoded for 300 DPI screens, making the gap larger on lower DPI screens like the H2O.

Anyway, I'm not going to scream too loudly, seeing as this firmware version is not meant for the H2O.

(Note, I happen to like some whitespace. Emphasis on the "some". The current whitespace I'm seeing is excessive)
On a page with the screen as full as it gets, tap the screen and bring menu bars. The line at the top of the footer is the bottom of the text area. That is what you need to measure the "wasted" space against.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote