View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 06:08 PM   #31
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Just installed this on my (original) H2O. Seems to work fine and has some nice new options (especially with the patches!). I do have one issue however.

When reading epub's (haven't tested kepub files), There seems to be a rather large gap between the bottom of the text, and the footer. The footer size itself does not appear to be the problem, as I've tried the "custom footer style" and the new "footer size" patch, which doesn't really help. Also note that I have the "widows/orphans" patch enabled, so it's not that.

For the moment, I'm trying the "fullscreen" options, which seems to work well enough, but I do miss the footer. I'm wondering if a value has been hardcoded for 300 DPI screens, making the gap larger on lower DPI screens like the H2O.

Anyway, I'm not going to scream too loudly, seeing as this firmware version is not meant for the H2O.

(Note, I happen to like some whitespace. Emphasis on the "some". The current whitespace I'm seeing is excessive)
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote