View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
Since I have frequented the internet, I have noticed that many people spell the past of the verb "to lead" as "lead" rather than "led". I wonder whether this is caused by confusion with the metal "lead", which is pronounced the same as "led".

OTOH, the past of the verb "to read" is spelt "read" and pronounced to rhyme with "led". Why the difference? Is it the source of the mistake over "led"?
There/they're/their stupid. There's/they're's/their's no other explanation. There/they're/their spell-check could be smarter too/to/two/tu-tu.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote