View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #59
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
OK, now after following nightboy's instructions here in part 6 "How to unbrick your device" about turning the device off and holding the Refresh button before connecting the USB cable, Windows detects the "Rockchip device" but still neither ADB nor RK Batch Tool or even Android Commander detect the device!

Update1: lol I was using the RK Batch Tool v1.7 inside the Energy Sistem firmware package! The one uploaded in that thread detected the device. So I did another system flash using RK Batch Tool and Energy eReader Pro+ this time instead of doing it manually like the first post of this thread. Now let's see if that problem got fixed or not!

Update2: NOPE! It seems like it is not a "problem" but a probable attempt from Energy Sistem to prevent rooting the device.

The only way to get the "Rockchip Device" detected by Windows (as instructed by nightboy in this thread's part 6) is too turn off the device by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then holding the Refresh button for 8 seconds and then connecting the USB cable while still holding the refresh button for another maybe 5-10 seconds until Windows detects the device.

ADB and the Rooting tools attached to that thread don't work because ADB is unable to detect the device and the Root batch file gets stuck on "Connect your device..."!

UPDATE 3: YESS! Got it working by enabling the "Developer Options" menu which is hidden on these devices and then allowing USB debugging" there!

To unhide Developer Options go to "Settings > About device (or eReader info) > and tap "Build Number" ~7 times!

Now I feel like my life's purpose is fulfilled! The Energy Sistem firmware works sorta better than Boyue's and I already am happy about moving into it. Download the '1500 free ebooks' packagee too from their website!

Last edited by hob; 05-09-2015 at 11:20 AM.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote