View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstjmack View Post
Actually, it seems that for Archive.org at least, these texts are not provided by hardworking volunteers, but simply scanned wholesale and then digitized by machine without any checking of the result. That's my main beef.
That proves my point - these books are still lacking the human labour to make them a fine reading experience.

By the way, you can always ask politely in this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76205
if someone wants to make a fine ebook based on the archive.org-files.

But I think we are drifting a little bit aside, you wanted to know about other authors who's works are in the public domain but are not or only in a poor state available.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote