View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #70
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cearbhallain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
The Stand is one of my husband's favorite books but I quit after 100 pages. He wants me to start again, but I have so many other books I really want to read. I may try again, maybe not.
Which version did you try. I've read both, and I prefer the edited first edition version. The unedited version is much longer, wordier, and only has one scene that I think made the story better.

The first published version I found to be very involving and fast-moving. It won't negatively impact your life if you don't read the book at all, but if you want a medium light entertainment, it should suffice.
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote