View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
oh,
I was sitting at Starbucks have some coffee and getting some paperwork done. The table next to me became populated with just two teenage girls. Who, decided to listen to their ipOds, have a conversation with each other THEN each got on their cell's and made calls...all with the iplods still turned up enough that I could hear them just ever so slightly...that is when each happened to inhale at the same time so the room went from 130db down to 50db.

It was the most amazing example of the excesses we have created with the range of self orientated gadgets. These girls were not satisfied with just sitting and having a nice conversation, not satisfied with listening to their ipods, not holding a conversation and talking loudly enough to hear each other over their ipods so they had to ADD their cell phones into the mix.

I was paralyzed in amazement and how self absorbed these kids were. Of course WE never acted stooopid when we were their age...but this...it was beyond the pale of what I could ever have imagined as over the top it could become.

I also feel for the flight attendants who will now have to try and ride herd over these overcaffeinated cell phone junkies...nope, this cannot work out well at all.
I think this is where I would get one of those digital recorders, record their conversation and play it back loudy so they were listening. They might shut up when they know they are being recorded. Hmm...

Seth Williams,
San Francisco, CA
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote