View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 04:56 AM   #14
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
I second the Mightybright recommendation. I have THIS model and use rechargeables in it, too.
I second that nomination for the Mighty Bright XtraFlex 2 specifically (versus the other Mighty Bright models).

While there are models with more LED bulbs, this one uses special hi-yield bulbs which give three times the light as normal LEDs. So its the equivalent of SIX LEDs.

In many circumstances you'll find yourself hitting the switch to turn off one of the bulbs, only leaving one lit.

There's still a potential glare issue though--so it might not be to everyone's taste. You DO have to fiddle occasionally to find the right position for the light.

EDIT - I see you wound up getting one of the XtraFlex models. For the money, the XtraFlex 2 is probably worth it over the one bulb model, so I hope that's the one you got. Again, if its too bright, you can always turn one of the bulbs off.

Last edited by Spiffy; 07-09-2010 at 05:02 AM.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote