View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 02:12 AM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Old, non-front-lit eReaders. Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos and Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I'm curious as to how many of you collect eReaders?
Way too many ...

(I'll be getting rid of some, especially duplicates, "any day now.")

All my eReaders (except for the Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight) are non-front-lit. My eyes don't work well with front-lit eReaders. I don't know why. I don't count the Amazon Fires as eReaders, because I don't read on them, but I guess they can be added to the list ... Fire 7 (2017), original Kindle Fire and a Kindle 8.9" HD (that I inherited from my daughter, who doesn't like tablets).

Unique models of eReaders that I currently own are ...
(m) = two or more ...

Nook Simple Touch (my first eReader)
Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Kindle Keyboard (m)
Kindle 4 NT (black model)
Kindle Touch (m)
Kindle Basic (8th Generation)
Kobo Wireless/WiFi (never sure which to call it) (m)
Kobo Touch (m)
Kobo Mini
Sony PRS-505 (m)
Sony PRS-300 (m)
Sony PRS-600 (m)
Sony PRS-700
Sony PRS-900
Sony PRS-350 (m)
Sony PRS-650 (m)
Sony PRS-950
Sony PRS-T1 (m)
Sony PRS-T2 (m)
Astak EZReader PocketPro
Ectaco JetBook
Sharper Image Literati (waiting for power supply)

I've also got some kind of pouch or case (several lighted) for all of these. The cases are sometimes harder to find than the readers. Almost all the multiples will (eventually) go -- as well as some of the readers that I'll never use (Sony 600, 700 and 900) and probably the Literati and Ectaco. The EZReader was on that list, but it's got an amazing battery life. It's been over six weeks since I charged it and it's still showing a full battery? (More testing needed.)

Sorry to ramble. WAY too many eReaders here (and this doesn't include the ones I've handed to my kids).

One I would like to find, but they're as rare as hen's teeth in this country, is the Trekstor Liro Mini (or Pyrus). They look tiny. I would also like to find a Pocketbook 360, but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

Last edited by rcentros; 05-03-2018 at 02:17 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote