View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #14
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
You were telling me what was "legal", and implying that my actions were ethically wrong. You certainly weren't trying to help me find the images.

As there are many reasons to display and discuss and, dare I say it, make use of some 60-year-old (and older) images, I find your implications insulting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, I wasn't. I was simply stating that most images from the 1930s and 40s will still be protected by copyright, and that this is why you won't find them on the web. What "hidden meanings" you choose to insert into that simple factual statement exist only in your imagination.
Being on this forum for some time now and getting to know the regulars, I can tell you that HarryT quite definitely didn't mean any offense and was just stating a fact. He's not that kind of guy.

Copyright law currently sucks pretty bad, but that doesn't change whether something is under copyright or not. You can, of course, choose to ignore that and accept any possible consequences.

Oh and avatars certainly fall under fair use.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote