View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
UntreedReads
Addict
UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
First Time Ever In Ebook Format! WHILE I DISAPPEAR By Edward Wright

About While I Disappear:

One rain-soaked evening, John Ray Horn runs into an old flame.

Rose Galen played the female lead in his second movie. Young, beautiful and improbably talented for her B-movie surroundings, she had a shining quality to her. Now, years later, Rose is a shattered creature, drink-sodden and heavy with sadness. Something happened to her years ago, before Horn first knew her, something so terrible that it would eventually leave her broken. Hoping to uncover her long-held secret, Horn goes to visit Rose at her shabby rooming house and finds her strangled to death.

Aware of a debt to her that he never fully acknowledged, he sets out to find her killer, aided by Joseph Mad Crow, Horn’s onetime Indian co-star who is now his employer. To unmask Rose’s killer, Horn must first determine what happened to her so long ago.

His search takes him back into the Hollywood of the 1920s-the era of the silent film-and a wild party attended by both movie celebrities and racketeers. He soon encounters figures from Rose’s past–the lawyer with a bootlegging background and a lethal bodyguard; the lusty, larger-than-life actress with a capacity for settling scores and the ex-Shakespearean actor with a faded career and a crumbling mansion. Before long, Horn discovers a terrible act that left a young woman dead and several people guarding a secret that would only begin to unravel after Rose Galen took her last tortured breath.

While I Disappear is the winner of the 2004 Shamus Award and the 2004 Southern California Booksellers Association Award. It is the sequel to Clea’s Moon, also published electronically by Untreed Reads.

About Author Edward Wright:

Edward Wright grew up in Arkansas and went to school in Tennessee and Illinois. He has been an officer in the U.S. Navy and an editor at the Chicago Tribune and Los Angeles Times. His noir-flavored mysteries featuring John Ray Horn, set in Los Angeles during the 1940s, have won the Shamus Award in the U.S. and the Debut Dagger and Ellis Peters Historical Crime Award in the U.K. His first non-series book, Damnation Falls, a contemporary mystery-thriller set in small-town Tennessee, won the Barry Award. He and his wife, Cathy, live in the Los Angeles area.

How to Purchase While I Disappear:

While I Disappear is $5.99 and is available in PDF, EPUB, PDB and Kindle formats from The Untreed Reads Store where you can also read the first chapter. Through October 31st, both While I Disappear and the first book in the series, Clea’s Moon, are 25% off at The Untreed Reads Store, CoffeeTimeRomance.com and OmniLit.com. It is also available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and many of the other great retailers listed on the right side of our site.

Not seeing it at your favorite retailer on our list? It will be there shortly! It sometimes may take our distributors a week or two from release to post the title.

Be sure to check out our complete catalog of titles by visiting the new OUR TITLES tab at the top of our homepage, or use our new easy-to-search features in the updated Untreed Reads Store.

All Untreed Reads titles are available for every platform and device, including the iPad, nook and Kindle. All titles are compatible with all reading applications. Title selection at individual retailers may vary depending on what they choose to carry.
UntreedReads is offline   Reply With Quote