View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #13
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I use it for music which can be a it tricky. Some of my favorite stations are german stations so its still a learning curve between me and Alexa.
Sometimes she cracks me up. I ask for Beethoven station and it asks me, here is Adele shuffled. Really? Beethoven sounds like Adele?

Its also funny when I sit 4 feet away and can't understand me and my husband whispers from above me from the loft which is semi open and it hears and understands him just fine. Grumble. I think she likes him more.

Shopping list is great, especially when I have my hands full and I just found a great use by finding out the time in different places in the world for my Tennis I like to watch. Its all starting up again and I kind of know whats what, but I don't want to miss anything so I ask.
It tells me what the weather is back home with my mom in Germany, I am in the US.

I do know I need to so some meta cleaning of my cloud music so it can find it easier.

its a great tea timer. . I drink a lot of tea and often with different times. I am very particular.

Its been really fun figuring out how to ask things and all that.

I found a good place for it in a kind of corner between the living room and dining so it has good accustics. I have tall ceilings so sound travels up and around.

So I am still working on pronouncation of stuff sometimes. It did get Quatar right away, but not Doha for example. That is for my tennis.

I am still amazed at how far away it can hear us. I can be upstairs in the bedroom and it hears me. We do have tall ceilings with partical open loft before you get the the bedroom, but still.

I don't like that I can't see my favorite stations in the Tune in app. SInce I do have several german stations, the only way to play them is from the app as Alexa just doesn't understand german. But they aren't there. They show in the regular Tune in app, but not in the Echo app.

Every morning I start with the news it reads to me while my eyes start to un-gunk and I make my tea.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote