View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 03:57 AM   #85
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Bargain @ $0.99 from Atheneum in Canada & the US (price should be the same at all the usual retailers):

From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by the late E. L. Konigsburg (Wikipedia) her 1968 Newbery Medal-winning children's mystery/adventure book, illustrated by the author herself. This has its own Wikipedia entry.

Also @ $1.99 each from Random House, assorted YA fantasy series novels:

Philip Pullman's (ISFDB, Wikipedia) His Dark Materials trilogy is on sale again, presumably to tie into the release of the new sequel: The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass

Tamora Pierce's (ISFDB, Wikipedia) Trickster's Duet duology starring the daughter of Alanna of Trebond, heroine of her Song of the Lioness quartet which I rather liked, Trickster's Choice & Trickster's Queen.

I've heard those weren't among the better adventures in her Tortall setting (I've only ever read the first a long time ago and it seemed merely okay), but it's a good price to try them at if you've childhood nostalgia, as is her short story collection, also on sale: Tortall and Other Lands: A Collection of Tales
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote