View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Technotica
Technotica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well, I ordered a Kindle 2 on friday, I thought about the Sony PRS600 but I read that it has a reflective display because of the touch screen and that it is less 'sharp' when reading.

Since friday I read up on converting files to a format that can be read on the kindle.

The best format seems to be the mobi mobipocket one (for the kindle), there are three programs you'd need (there are probably more but those three work for everything) to convert lit, PDF, html, doc etc. to the mobi format.

Kindle reads html and pdf natively but the pdf seems to have problems with readability since the files are mostly made to be printed and too big to read on the kindle 2 (the dx works better but its not perfect either).

To convertlit I tried out convertlit and mobipocket creator, it seems to result in good mobi files.

The third program is Stanza which can export your ebook directly into a ereader format (I haven't used it yet).

So what I actually want to say is that you can read any ebook that doesn't have a drm on every reader if you convert them.

Protected ebooks you'd have to somehow strip of the protection (no idea how to do that).
Technotica is offline   Reply With Quote