View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
grenacia
grenacia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Choosing waterproof, high resolution ereader

I've been using an original Kindle Paperwhite for years, managing books in Calibre, and I am looking to upgrade. The main upgrades I want are:

Higher resolution eInk screen
Waterproof
Better font/size options.

Better lighting for nighttime reading would be nice too but less important, so long as it isn't worse.

I ordered a Kobo Aura One and got it yesterday, and my first impression of it is not good. The light keeps turning off suddenly when I am in the middle of using it. When I try to adjust the light by swiping up and down on the left side of the screen, at best it lags and jumps, and at worst it doesn't work at all or scrolls what I'm reading instead. The touch response is bad in general.

Trying to get books from the kobo store and library via the ereader itself has errored a lot. The font options are a small improvement but not exciting.

I'll give it a chance for a little while, but I'm thinking about sending it back if I don't start to like it better or if something else seems like a better choice. Any recommendations?

I've been thinking about the Tolino Vision HD 3 or 4 which seem to have really nice screens and the other features I want, but I'm not finding a lot of information on them.
grenacia is offline   Reply With Quote