View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 06:54 AM   #11
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@Notjohn...I currently use my own personal Sigil plugin(not released yet) to automatically clean up both imported html files as well as epubs. I use this cleaner mainly to cleanup my own imported html files(from various doc sources) in Sigil. It will thoroughly clean out ODT html, Word filtered html and Google Zip html. And I think this plugin does a much better job of cleaning out html files than Word2CleanHTML because my plugin cleaner is epub-centric (html 4.01) whereas Word2cleanHTML is just for web pages(html 5) -- and that means that my cleaner will also do its very best to remove or change html code that is not epub 2 compliant. This plugin cleaner also preserves all your layout and styling and also gives the user a bunch of other helpful styling options via a dialog as well.

This plugin cleaner certainly isn't perfect(still testing it) but I think this plugin should prove quite useful because it helps to give you an ideal start point to begin formatting your epub or imported html file in Sigil. To be released soon.

By the way -- my OpenDocHTMLImport plugin has the same cleanup capability as above already built-in so if you convert your ODT html to epub using this plugin then there will be no need for you to cleanup the html file or epub because it's already been done. And if this plugin converter both cleans AND converts your ODT html file directly to epub then you will never again have to use either MS Word or Word2CleanHTML to convert your doc to epub in your workflow.

Last edited by slowsmile; 04-12-2017 at 08:04 PM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote