View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #307
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
I'm completely in love with this, but I'm having a problem I'm not quite sure how to solve. I skimmed through this thread and didn't see anyone else reporting the problem, but it didn't start until I started using Calibur along with the Collection Manager to create my series collections and then nest them under their author. Everything is out of order. When I loaded up my kindle before I started messing around with the jailbreak, or installing this or the screensaver hack which is the only other thing I have installed, everything was in order using sort by collections then author sort inside the collections. I was using the set the publication dates in descending order trick to get them in order. Is there something different I need to do? Is there something I'm missing? If it's helpful I'm using a Paperwhite with FW 5.3.1.

Edit: Okay so I wiped all the books off my whole Kindle and started from scratch with my collections. Adding books (not collections) through Calibur and then manually creating a collection through the kindle interface completely bypassing the Collection Manager still has my books out of order. I'm really not sure why. It worked fine before I started tinkering with it so something I've done has caused a problem. Perhaps I put in something I didn't need or didn't do something correctly? Pardon my newbness, I'll try to keep all of this relevant.

I installed:

Jailbreak

Kindle Paperwhite Jailbreak:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

Collection Manager

Collections Manager 2.3.1
Kindlet
Dev Certificates Bundle
(found at the begining of this thread)

Now I installed these out of order because I'm stupid and didn't read properly thinking "eh, I got this".... stupid.... anyway.... I installed the collections manager first but it wouldn't load so I installed the dev certificates bundle but still hadn't noticed Kindlet. Still no dice, so I installed Kindlet and then everything worked. I'm not sure if I messed something up doing it in the wrong order but there ya go...

The only other thing I installed was the...

Screensaver Hack

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474

This had me install linkss 0.6.N and python 0.2.N

I did this part last and it seems to be working fine. I'm only including it here in the event that it's relevant since I installed it last. I didn't notice if my collections were already out of order before I installed it...

Anyway any help or suggestions anyone may have are highly appreciated. :o)

Last edited by centhena; 12-26-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Adding more info
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote