View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #100
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stino View Post
After play a while with root rights I realized that the normal ebook reader app let me not longer change any font (neither in epub nor pdf). It shows the normal list but if I select an other font it still uses the default font that is defined for the book.
The ability to change the font in the EPUB files has not been impaired by Root. Just open one of the files that were originally on the reader (i.e. The Jungle Book), and play with changing the fonts all you like.

Changing the font face never worked for some files with embedded fonts, no matter whether you are sure of it or not. That's just the way it's implemented (probably via default CSS substitution). So, when you download the files from somewhere, if they have embedded fonts, the font face change may not work.

I hope I explained it well enough for you. The rescue package really does change everything to the way things had been before you installed root. Not to factory default, which is something different entirely.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote