View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkulz View Post
I customized bloglines2html so that it would work for my REB1100. It does a lot of other things, namely downloads all the referenced images, blacklist some image domains, remove some unneeded links, and customizes the default templates to read and navigate properly on the ebook.

You will need to download these three files: bloglines2html and two required libraries: feedparser and BeautifulSoup. Put all of them in a single directory, and install Python if you don't have it installed.

Just run the command
Code:
python bloglines2html.py -u userid -p password -o <some-dir>
Point your creation utility at index.html in the directory. I typically use
Code:
rbmake -bef 1 -o feeds.rb index.html
While the links above are no longer active, I was able to get a copy of the above modified python code and shell script directly from ashkulz a while ago. I attach them here in case you are looking for/need same.

EDIT: provided a revised bloglines2html.py for Windows Users (changed three occurrence of 'w' to 'wb' in file operations that work with binary data i.e. images). See the bloglines2html.py.zip attachment.

EDIT2: provided some sample .imp conversions, but needed to tweak the resulting .html to split <a name= href= > into <a name= ><a href= > as well as re-save a few images that were in an incompatible format for the python image handler. Oh yeah, created the .opf also. I'll try and automate these (necessary revisions) a bit more, later on.

p.s. Added a REB1100 .rb (in bloglines2html - May 26, 2009.rb.zip) created by eBook Publisher. A rbmake version (as ashkulz prepared) may be better compatible with the REB1100.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bloglines2html.zip (57.7 KB, 1381 views)
File Type: zip bloglines2html.py.zip (6.9 KB, 1298 views)
File Type: imp bloglines2html - May 26, 2009.imp (1.45 MB, 1411 views)
File Type: imp bloglines2html - May 26, 2009_1200.imp (1.44 MB, 1408 views)
File Type: zip bloglines2html - May 26, 2009.rb.zip (192.5 KB, 1390 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-27-2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: added sample .imp ebooks for EBW1150 and REB1200 (and .rb)