View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 03:16 AM   #9
bli
bli began at the beginning.

Device: Nova2, Nova3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Having same problem with my iLiad, BeBook, old Kindles, Pocketbooks and Kobos, currently I generate a PDF for each of my ebooks (even purchased ones, previous DRM removal) and then I always will have annotations with me inside PDF (and that is the reason I use Boox: because I can use any annotation PDF application -mostly NeoReader and Xodo, as both uses the standard PDF annotation format inside PDF).

ePub lacks annotation standard as mobi has (but nobody uses after Amazon purchased Mobipocket).

Edit: and before complain about PDF "fixed" and size, I create PDFs with 12x15 cm (or 12x18), 16 px font size (normally PT Serif), 20 pt margins. I can read those even in my iPhone in landscape.
Thanks for the info, rfog. My complaint is, most of all, that this was nowhere communicated clearly in the boox documentation. So I am now stuck with a dozen of epub ebooks full of annotations - as I am using boox for a couple of years. And there is no way to get them properly out of my Nova. Such situations make me angry, you feel betrayed in such a situation - even while in reality, it is of course my own naivety that has its price tag presented to me right now. In the end, there is no other solution than exporting my notes as a pretty useless dump of comments and 'location' information for where the scribbles have been, and that kind of nonsense. So I wished I knew I should have been avoiding epub altogether.
bli is offline   Reply With Quote