View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 04:52 AM   #16
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanningbear View Post

So far I am able to mirror my pc (window 10) to Onyx ereader by using Spashtop. But the contract rate on Onyx ereader is so poor and I can hardly read it. Maybe it is something wrong with my setting.
If it's just the screen refresh rate that's problematic, have you tried how it runs with A2 mode on? That would give you an idea of whether any lags or artifacts you are seeing are simply a result of the e-ink screen's limitations or indeed a connection speed error.

The vnc connection method I mentioned above didn't seem to have much of a lag apart from that of the screen itself, and I think I tried it via WiFi and USB network. Don't know how much work it is to setup avnc server on windows, but I wouldn't expect it to be very hard. Might be worth a try to see if it's any better than the apps you mentioned (don't know maybe they also use vnc under the hood).
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote