View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
This an interesting quote

We've had many publisher-apologists here who claim that ebooks are not really cheaper to produce. I believe that is not only intuitively nonsense, but nonsense in reality.
It is possible that ebooks cost about the same to produce (meaning the writing, editing, and formatting) as physical books. But as techology has developed these costs have gone down. For example, the entire process can now be done electronically and the only time the book actually takes a physical form is when the final version is printed.

However, there is a difference when the book is in final form. With ebooks, there is little releasing cost (meaning no printing, packing, shipping, storage, and store sales charges) that are associated with physical books. About the only thing that ebooks require before final release is to format them for the appropriate reader.

To illustrate: a book in the public domain is available for free and is formatted for your reader. The cost of the book to you is $0.00. The same book as a printed paperback book costs $5.25 ($5.00 plus 5 percent local sales tax). In both cases, there is no production cost, but only the printed book has a releasing cost.

Just my thoughts, please feel free to correct me if I got something wrong.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote