View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i have a sony 700 which has a touchscreen, and an eb1150 which also has a touchscreen. the eb1150 can only read its own proprietary format but it can handle hyperlinks. on the sony i read epub files and those can handle links as well ; very useful for end notes, etc. : one link in the text for the note, and a link at the end of the note to jump back to your page in the book (otherwise you can use the "go to page" function but that's 2 button presses instead of one, so i try to add the "back" links if they aren't there already and there aren't too many of them).

also, the rss feeds (including from a news site) made with calibre use hyperlinks for navigation and they work very well too.

oh, and we call them "liseuses".
Thanks, that is great to know about the hyperlinks. It will make reading non-fiction items so much easier.

I had seen you use the word "liseuses" but I am fuzzy on how to pronounce it. Also is the basis French or is it just made up? [By the by, in my school days, aeons ago, my French class teacher said that the French language was strictly controlled to elivate new, "slang" words, as we do it here in America. Is this still true?]

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote