View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #67
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
My definition is here.

Like so many other branches of SF, cyberpunk can be hard or soft. I tend to consider most of the "immersive VR" elements common to cyberpunk as soft, since the ability to "jack into" the human brain is still largely unproven and not understood (I think many people assume the human brain's inner workings are just a lucky code-breaking away from complete understanding, but I've always disagreed with that assessment).
Neural networks are waaaaaay more complex than binary code. However, there are some startlin advances being made in interactive technology, mostly on the motor command front, so there may be a future of "wired" humans. Just not like they are in cyberpunk. Of course, this thread may be one that people laugh at in ten years as we are all jacked into the Lounge and are neglecting our body funtions "just one more minute" to hang with one antoher.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote