View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 12:48 PM   #160
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
But I'm doing something wrong, as it does not detect one particular book, although it does detect some others....??? The example is: Night Birds' Reign by Holly Taylor of the series Dreamer's Cycle [1]
There is an oddity with Freading that in most cases author names appear there in "last, first" format, but in some cases as "first last". The plugin does searches using only "last, first" as that is the most common case. The plugin will search using only either the first or last name of the author if one of those is uncommon and that will locate books with authors listed in either format. That helps work around the issue for some authors.

In this case there is one book (Dreamer's Cycle Series) with the author listed as "Taylor, Holly" and are four books (Night Birds' Reign, Cry of Sorrow, May Earth Rise, and Crimson Fire) with the author listed as "Holly Taylor". Since "Holly" and "Taylor" are both common names, a single word search is not used and so the four books under "Holly Taylor" are not found.

Since it is failing to find books, I will change the plugin to do searches in both "last, first" and "first last" formats. Unfortunately, this will slow searching since it will now need to do multiple searches per author.

I am working on some other new features and plan to do the next release of the plugin in a week or so.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote