View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #10
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
If you need logic, use the reduce it the ridiculous argument. Figure out how many hours of use you expect to get from it, calculate the cost savings from not having to charge it so often, etc. Then you can say, "I've done the math and by my calculations, it will cost me about $0.01/hour of use to buy this new reader." But if your math comes up with a number closer to $10/hour, you're going to have a harder sell.

How much you have spent on other things is irrelevant. For each purchase, you have to justify the cost based on its own merits.

If you find that such arguments are trying and tiresome, instead suggest an "allowance" in the budget where you each get a certain amount each month to spend on whatever you want. In our household, the only criteria for that money is that it must be legal, moral and ethical. Then keep track and save up your allowance money and spend it wherever you think you'll get the most benefit.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote