View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
1. - It would be wonderful if Sigil allowed the user to choose as a default in the language preferences between straight and curly apostrophe.
I don't see Sigil changing the output of what you type based on your language - it will only type what you type on your keyboard.

That said, If I understand the issue correctly, you need to use the curly apostrophe a lot. In HTML the & apos ; entity is a straight apostrophe. There is no curly apostrophe entity (annoyingly), so it seems that everyone has to use the & rquot ; entity - the right single curly quote that usually looks like a curly apostrophe.

If this is the case, then the "curly apostrophe" is already in the Special Characters dialog - the second entry on the second line I believe. No need to search for it to copy/paste.

Quote:

2. - We use more and more espaces fines. which is Narrow No Break Space or &_#_8239_; (it's a slippery animal). It would be nice if we could select it among the special characters, like other entities.
You would like the & # 8239 ; entity to be in the Special Characters dialog? Since there is no text name for 8239 it was not originally included. But adding it is easy enough so it's been added for the next release.

I think the Clips feature can help here, especially with the 0.7.0 changes. Specifically you can easily define a clip to be ’ or " or whatever character/text you want. You can then name the clip whatever you want including the actual character. Then select and paste the clip into your text or into Find & Replace.

What 0.7.0 brings is the ability to use the clips as buttons on a toolbar, and to define shortcuts for the first 20 clips. And you can change the shortcuts to whatever you want. So you could define Ctrl+' to be your curly-apostrophe/right-curly-single-quote. Or whatever character/shortcut you want.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote