View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Robz, forgive me for saying so, but you're beating a dead horse here. I would hazard a guess that you're probably looking at 10-20h work for the job you're asking for. For a reasonably skilled person, you should expect to pay $50 per hour. Are you really willing to spend $500-$1000 for the job?

Perhaps a better choice would just be to go out and buy a proper ebook version of Mr Buffer's letters? Doesn't wherever you bought this PDF from offer the book in ePub or Mobi formats?
If Robz is referring to the Letter to Shareholders that Berkshire Hathaway publish annually - then the letters between 1977 & 2011 are in the public domain http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/letters.html. Before that there were Letters to Partners, these are also in the public domain - the early ones are scanned paper image PDF's.

Maybe someone has gathered them all up onto a single PDF, but I can't find it, so it must have been published privately.

Rather than incurring a $1000 expense for the conversion, I suggest Rob invest in something suitable for reading the PDF, such as $539 64GB Ipad Mini. But first check if the PDF is reflowable - most are these days.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote