View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #40
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Results different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
I posted this at Amazon board and I reposted here for reference:

Battery life does not include the time when the device goes to sleep.

I. Battery life: 13 hours 32 minutes
1. LED brightness: level 24 (Full blast)
2. Wireless: OFF (Airplane mode)
3. Refresh at every page: OFF
4. I use the dictionary a lot. If I don't use the dictionary, my battery life might be longer.

Most people read less than 13 hours per day. So, as long as you plug your Kindle before you go to bed, your Kindle should meet your reading need for the whole day, even when the LED brightness is at full blast.

II. Battery life: 47 hours 39 minutes
1. LED brightness: level 10

Amazon advertised PW battery life with LED level 10, wireless off is 8 weeks, half an hour per day which amounts to 28 hours. So, 47 hours and 40 minutes exceeds all expectations.

III. Battery life: 49 hours 35 minutes
1. LED brightness: level 0 (lowest level)

Between LED level 10 and 0, battery life is only about 2 hours longer but keep in mind that at more than 49 hours, battery life is still significantly longer than that of Kindle Touch advertised at 2 months, half an hour per day which amounts to 30 hours.

IV. The time it takes to charge the battery: 3 hours and 20 minutes. The device is completely turned off when the battery is charged.

Note that these were battery life before upgrading to latest patch 5.3.1. Battery life might change after you upgrade.
It should be noted that my results differ from yours. My KFHD7-32 with GSam doing the measurements shows 5.5 hours with WiFi on all the time and 7 hours with WiFi off all the time other than for syncing. Charge time to 100% as measured by GSam takes 5 hours. However, 90% could be reached in 4 hours.

My PW using a spreadsheet to measure individual reading sessions shows 10 hours with WiFi on and 12 hours with WiFi off other than for syncing. I use it at the 22 light setting. I leave it for 4 hours for a full charge while the LED turns green in just 2 hours using the Fast Charger for the FireHD from Amazon. I have page Refresh on all the time.

All of us have different units and modes of use and could have wide variations in these numbers. Plus, I recharge when the 15% signal flashes. If one goes down to 0%, then they will be getting longer reading cycles between charges.

Finally, those, who have never done a full discharge of the battery, may have defective meters and also less capacity in the battery. Those with Fires, who do not use GSam, may not be taking accurate measurements.

In actual practice now I leave WiFi on both units on all day and turn off WiFi, if I remember, every night.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-05-2013 at 10:24 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote