View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #82
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
From what I can tell, and note that I have not seen the contracts in question:

The authors signed with the subsidiary at the 6-8% rate.

The contracts with Harlequin (not the subsidiary) said "with unspecified digital rights, you get 50% of what Harlequin receives." Since what Harlequin got was 6-8% from its subsidiary, they cut that in half for those ebook royalties.

I don't understand your math. If the author was supposed to get 6-8% from the subsidiary, and Harlequin got was 6-8% from its subsidiary, at most you can argue that the authors would get 6-8% of the 92-94%. How do you get their royalties cut in half if they didn't sign with Harlequin?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote