View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I toss chapters, I toss sub plots, I toss characters... but do not think I have ever "burned down" a story like you suggest.

I do not use an out line, I fall in with the camp that says "sit down, and write." I explore my way through story writing. Which means I probably have more tossed chapters then an out liner... but its the way I am wired to work.

For example I am currently writing book four in my series. I have about 30-35k written... but I plan to cut out an entire sub plot because it is to big. I will set it aside and turn it into book five. That will cut me back probably to 15-17k words and remove 2 major characters from the book. So I guess that is like burning down?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote