View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #33
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
As in:
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...?code=IMX50_SW

EDIT: I posted that link prior to checking its content, although not the exact manual, that page link might still be useful to someone.
So I didn't not delete the O.T. link above.

Ref in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=18
Yes, that MR ref link is what told me where to look. I found it indirectly via google, and actually ended up at the .mobi version of the page.

The problem is that I tried all the options and variations given in the manual and NONE of them work in 5.1.0. Using strace on eips shows that it is setting an undocumented bit in the call, but when I set that bit it does not help either.

The ONLY way I can trigger updates on 5.1.0 is eips '' even though the ioctl as documented in the manual works on 5.0.4 main and diags, and also on the K4 diags.

The problem with eips is that I want to do small area updates, and updates from alternate overlay buffers, and although eips complains about "invalid overlay image" for some options, I do not know how to use it for that purpose.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote