Thread: Newspapers
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have subscribed to the WSJ through Sony for over 2 years. I seem to recall missing editions on my 900 but not on my 950. Auto-delivery has been working smooth for me on the 950. I don't bother with downloading through the Sony software. I do think it's sad that the T1 does not have auto-delivery enabled yet. It should have had that out of the box when initially released.

With the price increase coming, I am thinking of switching my WSJ subscription to my Kindle e-ink. I know auto-delivery will work consistently with that device. I purchased a single copy of the WSJ on the Kindle to do a side-by-side comparison with the Sony version. The first thing I noticed is that the Kindle version has more photos in each article. The article content is similar, but they are organized in a different order. However, the Sony formatting is much cleaner and prettier. I prefer it to the Kindle edition.

On the other hand, with the Kindle edition I can get all of the following items for $18.29:

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal for Kindle and Digital Plus access for Kindle subscribers
With a subscription to The Wall Street Journal Kindle and Digital Plus you will receive unlimited access to WSJ.com website. Additionally, your subscription includes access to The Wall Street Journal on other mobile platforms including Kindle Fire, iPad, and select smartphones for as long as your Kindle subscription remains active.

The Wall Street Journal Kindle and Digital Plus access includes on:

All WSJ Kindle Editions for e-ink devices
The Wall Street Journal App for Kindle Fire
WSJ Kindle Editions for Kindle for iPad, Kindle for iPhone, and Kindle for Android reading apps
WSJ.com
The Wall Street Journal App for iPad & Android tablets
WSJ Mobile Reader for Blackberry, iPhone and Android smartphones
That's sweet! Access on multiple devices (like my new Kindle Fire and iPhone) and to WSJ.com. I assume that the price is also probably going to increase for the Kindle version in the new year. So right now I am in a holding pattern.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 12-30-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote