View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Textbooks on the Kindle

Two textbooks I need for next semester are available on the Kindle.

Foundations of 3d Graphics Programming: Using Jogl And Java3d
Modern Multithreading: Implementing, Testing, And Debugging

Review
The sample for Modern Multithreading looks like it was properly converted. I'm definitely going to get it. I know the author (Professor Richard Carver), and have taken his class before, so I have a good idea how he wrote the textbook. I also read a couple reviews that made me question the utility of the hardcopy; it doesn't have a glossary or complete index.

I'm not so sure about the other one. It looks like it's a bad scan job. A significant number of letters are missing the thin parts. Plus I've heard scary things about the professor and I am unfamiliar with the topic.

Cost
The cost of the books is at or less than the hardcopy price online. But the actual price is higher; I don't know how to resell the ebooks, or the possible price. With the hardcopy I know that I can get half the retail price.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote