View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
WiFi: don't forget that you have to do the same thing over once you have finished browsing, checking e-mail, whatever. And Android with a home screen toggle? Touch on and, once you are finished, touch off. So that makes it 6 actions to 2. Just one little example.

Same for bluetooth, etc.

No, not a deal breaker. (For me personally it is actually very important since I turn WiFi on/off 10 times a day since I don't have unlimited data but WiFi available everywhere -- fortunately my wife uses the old iphone 3G now and she is the perfect candidate). But it demonstrates the inefficiencies very nicely. And the fact that you cannot improve on little things like this makes me feel like I am in chains. Very frustrating -- I am paying a lot of money in order to be forced to work a certain way that very often is not suitable for me.

I was sticking to phones, we can't make any comparison IPad/Android tablets since there aren't any yet.

Last edited by HansTWN; 07-14-2010 at 10:54 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote