View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #19
edge777
Kindle Enthusiastic
edge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2 International
Kindle 2, International, DX - Unicode Font Hack - Chinese characters

ichbindasauge asked me to create font files using the Arial Unicode font which will support Chinese and German characters. Here are the font files for the Kindle 2, Kindle International (no JB required), and the Kindle DX. I have not tested these files on my Kindle, but the font file did validate on my Mac OSX machine. If you install them, please let us know how it goes and send screen shots (Alt-Shift-G, screenshot files are stored in the documents folder). Thanks!

P.S. The original poster asked if I could create a version that combined the Unicode font (which has almost 60,000 glyphs) with Helvetica or Georgia. I tried, unfortunately Font Studio Pro only allows me to save a font file with 6,400 glyphs or less. So, to have the Chinese characters, the Latin font must remain at Arial. Sorry. Still very interested to see how the Kindle reacts to a 15 MB font file - please post your results.

Last edited by edge777; 11-23-2009 at 10:30 PM.
edge777 is offline   Reply With Quote