View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
edit Friday morning: Okay, I give up. I was not able to duplicate FlightCrew operating properly on my black box today--and the environment should be the same, as the computer "slept" all night, was not turned off. So, here's just one of my epubs that test fine on the desktop, even though it has 1) an MP3 audio file; 2) two video files; and 3) several unused graphics files. As I said, it tests with "No Problems Found" on the desktop; but when I call it into Sigil here on my laptop, I get more warnings than Will Robinson ever got from Robbie.

So that tells me that the problem is with my installation and/or environment on the desktop, not a problem with either Sigil or the FlightCrew addon. As time permits, I'll keep investigating, and if I ever find the problem, I'll let you know.

My suspicion is that it's an ID-10T error. Those are situations that you have no control over.
I can verify that I see all of the errors/warnings produced by Flightcrew on my Sigil v0.9.7 on Windows with your attached epub.

Color me baffled as to why it would be different on a different machine (with the same version of Sigil). We've taken great pains to ensure that Sigil's bundled Python (please check to make sure the problematic Sigil installation is set to use the Bundled Python, by the way) remains isolated and unaffected by any system system versions of Python.

The reason I was so specific about how you were launching the plugin was because the F7 keyboard shortcut used to be assigned to Sigil's verification (Flightcrew) routines. When Flightcrew was removed as integral part of Sigil, the F7 became assigned to the "Sanity (later called Well-formed Check." My fear was that you may have been launching the Well-formed check with F7 thinking it was still Flightcrew (which would explain why epub spec-compliant issues weren't being flagged). But that doesn't seem to be the case.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote