View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
guiyoforward
Zealot
guiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the roughguiyoforward is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Hi, sorry - the font that didn't look good is Garamond, not Times New Roman. I started experimenting - TNR looks much better (see the attached PDF), better than the others in any case. It also looks much better when "printed" at 300 dpi than with 150 DPI, 600 DPI does not seem to make a difference.

Any font suggestions?

I am also attaching my custom size template in word 2007. Before you start screaming "mobi-epub" etc., these are technical documents for which I have a source, but do not convert nicely to anything but PDF - hence the need to create the best possible PDF for the kindle screen

I hope much of this discussion will not make sense with the K3 new PDF settings, but I think Amazon has still a lot to learn (from apple, say?) about screen font rendering.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf fonts MS various DPI.pdf (249.6 KB, 354 views)
guiyoforward is offline   Reply With Quote