View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Upgrading Kindle - Best Practices?

Now that I my new Paperwhite will be arriving soon, YAY! I was wondering what is your best practices when upgrading to a new ereader? I always seem to have such a hard time getting my collections on the newest model, so I was wondering if you all could give some tips to make the process easier. I usually keep about 250-300 books on my kindle at a time, and I have well over 6 pages of collections. I manage my collections in Kindle for PC and transfer my books to my kindle via Calibre. I've tried Amazon's Import Collections from other devices but I usually get a successful import about 1 in 30 tries, and I always end up having to re-create them manually.

I have tried:

import collections
add books
allow indexing to complete
import collections again

then I tried

add books
allow indexing to complete
import collections

Has anyone gotten the imports to work successfully?

Any tips on upgrading with a smoother process??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote