View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6055 View Post
Thanks for the plugin. It's the first I've tried, and when I run it I get the following error:
Error: Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment'\CurrentVersion'

has value '1.8', but '1.7' is required.
If you have a 64bit machine, you might have different 32bit and 64bit Java versions installed and/or your PATH environment variable doesn't point to the correct Java program folder.
Unless you have other more important Java programs installed that require a specific Java version, I'd recommend downloading and installing the latest 32bit and 64bit Java versions from Oracle. (The installer will automatically remove older versions.)

Also don't forget to add/update the PATH environment variable as described in my first post. (If you enter java -version in a command prompt window and don't get a version number, the plugin will not work.)

If you still can't get it to work, I'd recommend downloading epagina's user-friendly epubcheck version, which should work with Java 1.6. or higher.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote