View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
Atley
Atley began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I have a similar issue.

I have over 1000 PDF books (mostly technical reference manuals) and I find that, without any particular reason, files just do not show up on my list of books in my PRS-505.

This does not seem to change if I use the crappy Sony software to transfer the books (actually gets worse) or if I just copy the books to the memory stick itself.

The issue is not due to anything with the PDF's. I did a number of control tests where I took the same 100 books and copied them 10 times to the card, 5 with the Sony software and 5 with a straight copy to the memory card. There was no consistancy with the results, meaning, in no case was it always the same books being left out and the numbers varied greatly... The most successful being 80% of the books being saved (from file copy to card).

I called Sony, got almost no help other than to have them tell me that the Sony store clerk sold me a card with the unit that is not compatible (does not, apparently, suppport the Mark 2 Sony memory stick). I have since bought the old style 8gb card and still see no difference.

Having given up on Sony, I wrote my own software to generate the \Sony Reader\database\cache.xml file that is used to generate the library book menus, but the reader, upon being disconnected from the computer, overwrites my perfect xml file with a broken one that is once again missing books.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions?
Atley is offline   Reply With Quote