View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Kindle PW Time to Read discrepancy

This is quite strange. I've measured "Time to read" a few times, and it is spot on most of the time, being off by less than 2 minutes when measuring chapters.

Now I've spotted some strange stuff. I've put three new books onto the Kindle. Page numbers are determined by the device, I assume.

Book 1: 1375 pages, Time to read: 41 hours, 25 minutes
Book 2: 1395 pages, Time to read: 27 hours, 10 minutes
Book 3: 1681 pages, Time to read: 15 hours, 18 minutes.

I have all three books as hardbacks as well and their page counts are 929 pages, 979 pages, and 1121 pages, by the way, so it is indeed the case that the first two are similar, and the third is much longer. (They have similar print with regard to size and spacing.)

Whaddayknow. The longer the books become, the less time it costs to read them. How can there be a 14 hours difference between two books of equal length? Of course there can be, if one is more difficult than the other, but the Kindle will not be able to determine this.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-08-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote