View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by loraduhh View Post
wait, so ill run the command in my computer?
Errm... yes, where else?

Seriously: take a deep breath. Your Kindle is not bricked. It is very easy to get it back to work normally.

That said, the worst thing that you can do now is to do things that you don't understand. I realize that you're not familiar with all of this technical stuff - but it's all very logical (but somewhat twisted, I agree ).

Take your time to read the debricking guide from beginning to end, without following it. Then, read it again, and this time try to understand what is (roughly) happening, and why things have to happen in that particular order.

And then, matchmake your situation with the guide. Your Kindle isn't really bricked, and it's already in fastboot mode. So there is no need to follow the instructions which get it into fastboot mode (it's already there in the first place), and there is also no need to overwrite (flash) any files. The only thing that you need to do is to tell your Kindle to get out of fastboot mode.

How do you do that? Well, make sure that the Kindle is plugged to your computer and recognized as a fastboot device. Then you can tell it what to do, by typing the respective commands:

fastboot setvar bootmode main
fastboot reboot

Both of these commands are pretty self-explaining...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote