View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #25
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
The few examples I looked at up on smashwords appeared as if they had generated smart-quotes from the source-text (which was not allowed to use them itself). Is this correct? If so, are you telling me that they get this 100% correct all the time? I have, just occasionally, very deliberately quoted dialogue and OpenOffice sometimes gets it wrong and I have to force what I wanted. How do you deal with such issues using the grinder?

Again, the grinder is built to handle the majority case, not the edges. So I am sure you can come up with example after example that will not work, heck my first doc did not work at all.

They are successful by only addressing the core case, and pushing the core case through their process and out to the stores. It works for most authors most of the time, and that really is the best you can hopeful in an automated situation.

I do not work for them, nor speak for them, but my assumption is that they weighed adding the complexity and support costs of more formats against what value it would bring their business and decided against it.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote