View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #149
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
You're welcome. My library doesn't have any audio books by Rhys Bowan and I was really wanting to continue the series.

I have the Stephanie Plum series in hardback, although I haven't picked up the last few. I may try listening to these. I, also, didn't like her other books as well as I like her Stephanie Plum books.

Right now, I am listening to the currently free tantor audiobook, What Would Macgyver Do?: True Stories of Improvised Genius in Everyday Life by Brendan Vaughanposted, that is in the Deals forum. It's many short stories about real people being creative to solve real-life situations. The beginning is a little slow, as it tells the background as to how the book came about and what was involved to put it together. (It also explains who Macgyver is for those people that don't know.) It was interesting, but I wanted to hear the stories. Once the stories started, they were interesting little bits about real people and what some people are capable of achieving when there is a real need. This was another one that was fun to listen to as I cleaned house.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Synopsis

For anyone who's ever wished they could channel the 1980s action-adventure icon comes this clever collection of forty-five true stories, commemorating the use of improvised genius to solve everyday problems. Inspired by television's Angus MacGyver (played by Richard Dean Anderson), a secret agent who relied on his brains and scientific prowness-not to mention duct tape and a Swiss Army knife-to save the day, the "MacGyverisms" recounted range from the concrete (using Chex Mix to provide taction in an icy parking lot) to the intangible (saving a relationship with the perfect turn of phrase). Edgy, entertaining, and smirk-to-yourself funny, these masterfully told stories reveal that, with a little luck and a lot of ingenuity, you can "MacGyver" yourself out of virtually any predicament. .

Last edited by dreams; 04-27-2012 at 03:04 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote