View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeg2 View Post
Not specifically about books - but more on "piracy" in general - I strongly recommend two books by William Patry (one of today's experts on copyright). I found both of these quite enlightening about the history of all this (this battle goes back much longer than I'd thought) and the meaning & implications of what's going on now:

Moral Panics and the Copyright Wars - William Patry
How to Fix Copyright - William Patry

Ric
Those are pretty good reads, although a mass shift of perception, towards the idea that you can never own an idea/text/art is probably needed if copyright is ever to be fixed.

Most people only lightly touch on the idea of attribution but it is at the core of this argument.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote