View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 10:23 PM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by any_holder View Post
I fully understand and appreciate the defense of Calibre / CC but, from a user perspective, other software does not require spending hours and hours trying to sort out the firewall issues (as an administrator); other software are 100% plug and play and no tweaks are required on the firewall.
All software has to jump through the same firewall / antivirus hoops. Calibre however is frequently updated and with each update there is a chance a firewall or anti-virus software may be over aggressive and decide to block calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by any_holder View Post
Additionally, at this moment in time, there is still no solution to the problem. I am trying to get to the bottom of this not just for myself but for others who may have similar issues...
Since this is a calibre issue you might want to open a thread in the Calibre/Server forum and tell them that you can connect to the content server when booted in Safe mode, but you can't connect to the content server when you do a normal boot and see what suggestions they have.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote